Monday, December 22, 2008

Thoughts on Christmas trees...




While the girls and I were decorating our Christmas tree this year (well the girls decorated and I handed them the ornaments) I had a chance to ponder the wonder of changing trees. For instance when Erinn was a baby and Christmas would come around I decorated the tree and she would watch, occasionally trying to either knock it down or eat the tree. My decoration at this period of time were very pretty iridescent icicles and glass angels, sparkles everywhere. Then as Erinn and then Keara started to get bigger my tree had less breakable ornaments and more "home made" or school projects on it. Now this year as I was sidelined by my children, forced to sit and watch as Keara hung all her ornaments on the same branch. And Erinn hanging them as fast as possible, made me appreciate how much patients mothers have and me wishing for more. Of course having a slight case of OCD that comes out when messes are made I fix the tree after the kids go to bed, and the next morning they think they are the best decorators in the world.

2 comments:

Cassie Marie said...

that is soo funny! i can totally see Keara putting it all on one branch! i agree with the OCD, i ended up doing my lights on my tree like 3 times, putting them on then taking them back off. i remember sitting at your house sewing those long snowmans too! wait till you see my tree, its as tall as me with maybe 10 ornaments on it!

Lonna said...

Your tree is so darling. I love that you let the girls do all the decorating, and I totally posses the same itch to straighten things up.

I think that you put it best, when in the morning the girls think that they have decorated the best tree ever. So cute.

We are in the "don't decorated the bottom half of the tree" stage around here. Harrison has already bitten the tops off a few ornaments! The kid is an animal.